4-Star RB Caziah Holmes Announces Top Seven

first_img As of now, the four-star athlete plans on committing on August 9.Check out his official announcement:Top 7‼️ God is good all the time🙏🏾 pic.twitter.com/gzlu48eaxJ— Caziah Holmes (@CaziahHolmes) July 9, 2019Holmes is the No. 9 athlete and No. 190 overall recruit in the 2020 class, per 247Sports.The current favorite to land Holmes is Penn State, which has 88 percent of the votes for 247Sports’ crystal ball predictions.Florida State has the remaining 12 percent of the votes due to its rich history and location. Holmes is from Florida so he could prioritize playing close to his hometown.It’s possible that he’ll cut his list down to three or five programs in the near future. After all, his decision is set to take place in roughly one month. A closeup of a Nike Vapor Elite football sitting on a football field.(Photo by Doug Pensinger/Getty Images)Caziah Holmes, a four-star recruit from the 2020 class, had a pretty big announcement to share this week on his Twitter account. He took the next step in his recruitment process by trimming down his list of suitors.Over 20 programs have extended offers to Holmes, but he is only considering seven schools this time.“Thirdly, I would like to thank every college coach and university for believing in me and taking a chance on me to play at the next level,” Holmes said on Twitter.Holmes announced that the final seven teams on his list are Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Kentucky, Miami, Penn State and Tennessee.last_img read more

SME Mining Engineering Congressional Fellowship

first_imgApplication period opens December 1. Successful candidate will affect public policy in Washington, D.C. The Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration Inc. (SME) is offering a seasoned mining expert the chance to apply his or her industry knowledge to positively affect change in the laws that govern the US mining and minerals industry in Washington, D.C. The second SME Mining Engineering Congressional Fellow will be placed on the staff of a member of Congress or a congressional committee during the 2015-2016 legislative session. The Fellowship runs from September 1, 2015 to August 30, 2016. The purpose of this mining-specific Fellowship is to provide an opportunity to make practical contributions to the development of environmental, natural resources, science and public policy issues. The first SME Congressional Fellow, Dr. Joshua Hoffman, P.E., began working as a mining resource adviser to the staff of the House Committee on Natural Resources’ Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources on October 1, 2014. His responsibilities involve conducting legislative and oversight work, assisting in congressional hearings and debates, preparing briefs, conducting research and writing speeches. The application period for the 2015 -‘16 SME Congressional Fellowship program runs December 1-31, 2014. Applicants must be a member of SME at the time the Fellowship term begins and have either a Doctorate in geology, mining, metallurgical engineering or mineral processing, or a Master’s degree in mining or metallurgical engineering with at least three years of professional experience. Federal employees are not eligible for the fellowship. If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact John Hayden, Deputy Executive Director – Public Affairs and Government Relations, 303-948-4250, [email protected], or Jackie Dorr at [email protected] more information on SME’s Congressional Fellowship Program, visit www.smenet.org/gpac/.last_img read more