Receive email alerts November 23, 2015 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Paramilitary force tells media what they can publish March 3, 2021 Find out more News Reporters Without Borders condemns the directive that the Assam Rifles, a paramilitary group attached to the interior ministry, sent to local media in the northeastern state of Nagaland ordering them not to quote the statements of an outlawed separatist group. News Sent on 24 October to the Eastern Mirror, Nagaland Page, Morung Express, Nagalang Post and Capi Daily, the notice accused them of providing “support to an unlawful association” and said they would be sanctioned under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act 1967 if they continued to publish the statements of the outlawed National Socialist Council of Nagaland – Khaplang (NSCN-K).“This directive with the aim of telling the news media what they can put in their reports is outrageous,” said Benjamin Ismaïl, the head of the Reporters Without Borders Asia-Pacific desk.“Quoting or reporting the statements of militant groups, like the statements of any source, is part of the work of the journalists. We remind the Assam Rifles that reporting statements is not the same as endorsing them or promoting them. It is part of the job of providing the public with information.”Five local newspapers – the English-language Morung Express, Eastern Mirror and Nagaland Page, the Angami-language Capi Daily and the Ao-language Tir Yimyim – published blank editorials in protest on 16 November, National Press Day.India is ranked 136th out of 180 countries in the 2015 Reporters Without Borders press freedom index. Help by sharing this information RSF_en News April 27, 2021 Find out more IndiaAsia – Pacific to go further IndiaAsia – Pacific Organisation News RSF demands release of detained Indian journalist Siddique Kappan, hospitalised with Covid-19 India: RSF denounces “systemic repression” of Manipur’s media June 10, 2021 Find out more Follow the news on India In rural India, journalists face choice between covering pandemic and survival
Virtual tours firm Reevo 360 is to issue its staff with hazardous materials or Hazmat suits to wear when visiting high risk properties to record tours, photography, CGIS and floorplans once the lockdown is eased.But as well as giving the suits to its staff, the Essex-based company has warned that this kind of extreme protection could become the ‘new normal’ for estate agents and developers visiting properties where vendors are particularly worried about their health.It could also be a condition of any future lockdown relaxation rules for agents, developers, vendors and buyers who are seen as at risk from Coronavirus.The “World War III style” state-of-the-art Hazmat Suits consist of an impermeable whole-body garment, complete with special face breathing-mask and eye shield goggles.The Hazmat suits provide respiratory protection, and protection against chemicals, biological agents or other harmful materials.Details of plans leaked from within the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government last week revealed that ministers are likely to require agents to wear at least rubber gloves and masks when conducting viewings, but has not clarified yet whether agents may have to go as far as Hazmat suits.Reevo 360 says it sourced the PPE equipment before the Coronavirus crisis to be used when visiting properties that were contaminated with chemicals.Reevo 360 charges from £95 per ‘virtual viewing’, sold in bundles; although thee Hazmat suit-equipped tours will be charged for separately and at a price premium. This is because, the company claims, working in Hazmat suits is ‘very strenuous’ and requires a team for pre and post visit suit changes and decontamination.Its clients include Galliard Homes, Beauchamp Estates, Weston Homes and Romans.hazmat suits Reevo 360 May 11, 2020Nigel LewisWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021 Home » News » COVID-19 news » Estate agents ‘may have to wear Hazmat suits at high risk properties’ previous nextCOVID-19 newsEstate agents ‘may have to wear Hazmat suits at high risk properties’Reevo 360 makes prediction as it issues its staff with Hazmat suits to wear if requested to wear high-level PPE equipment at addresses, but is to charge extra for the service.Nigel Lewis11th May 202008,695 Views
Students in several parts of the archipelago returned to school on Monday, after months of studying from home, in accordance with the so-called “new normal” protocols in their respective communities.National COVID-19 task force chief Doni Monardo also said recently that the government was considering allowing schools in “yellow zones” to reopen because of high public demand.“We are reviewing several public requests to allow [students] in yellow zones to go back to school,” Doni said after a meeting with President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo on Monday.Read also: Indonesia starts school year with caution during pandemic Last week, authorities discovered a new cluster at the Army’s Officer Candidate School (Secapa) in Bandung, West Java. A total of 1,262 new cases were found at the academy, 991 of which were students.After the findings, West Java recorded the highest spike with 962 new cases on July 9, accounting for most of Indonesia’s latest single day record high of 2,657 new cases.Sudirman also expressed concern that even though the risks of COVID-19 transmission were increasing, public alertness to COVID-19 had been decreasing.”We need to improve the public’s solidarity to keep each other safe. There’s a saying that an outbreak anywhere is an outbreak everywhere. It means that if there are cases in Bandung, Surabaya, Semarang, there are risks of transmission in other places,” he said.Surdirman said the PMI had been actively informing the public about health protocols that could help curb the transmission of COVID-19, but added that reopening schools was inherently risky even with such mitigation efforts.”Starting from April, PMI volunteers along with the Indonesian Military and the National Police have regularly sprayed disinfectant in public places including schools, Islamic schools and boarding schools. But the best way to minimize [transmission] risk is to avoid crowds,” he said. (nal)Topics : The Indonesian Red Cross (PMI) has urged regional administrations to set up preventive measures to curb the spread of COVID-19 in schools as students start to return to their classrooms.”Although school reopening is only allowed in green zone areas, we still need to think about the risks. As long as there are new [COVID-19] cases, there is a risk of transmission,” PMI secretary-general Sudirman Said said in a written statement on Thursday as quoted by tempo.co.On June 16, the Education and Culture Ministry announced the country would allow phased reopening of schools located in COVID-19 low-risk areas, or “green zones”.