Here’s a quick roundup of stories you may have missed today. Neil Patrick Harris Will Go From Hedwig to Freak Show Ask and you shall receive! According to Variety, Hedwig and the Angry Inch headliner Neil Patrick Harris penned a letter to Ryan Murphy, the brains behind American Horror Story: Freak Show, saying he wanted to appear on the TV series. Murphy then tweeted the Tony winner: “of course you can be on Freak Show! I have a role I think you’d love.” If you’re unable to catch Harris in Hedwig on Broadway (he departs the musical on August 17), at least you now have this to look forward to! Glee’s Banned in Britain It’s really happened. Earlier this year we brought you the news that Glee could be banned in Britain (the owner of a comedy venue called The Glee Club complained the show infringed on his trademark). Now, Billboard.com reports that the U.K.’s High Court has ordered 21st Century Fox to change Glee’s name. We’re guessing the Hollywood bigwigs will be taking this to the Court of Appeal, but they’re running out of options. Neil Patrick Harris View Comments Tony Winner Frank Langella Will Star in Captain Fantastic Another piece of good Hollywood news for a three-time Tony winner. Frank Langella, who picked up Tonys for Frost/Nixon, Fortune’s Fool and Seascape, will star opposite Viggo Mortensen in Captain Fantastic. Deadline writes that the Matt Ross-helmed film will soon start shooting in Albuquerque. Star Files Bernadette Peters Heads to Bravo Bernadette Peters is heading to Bravo, but not, obviously, as a real life housewife. The three-time Tony winner will guest star on Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce, the network’s first original scripted series. Peters will play mom to Lyla, one of the main characters. Bernadette Peters
Five of those selected are at Wegmans including the Johnson City location. JOHNSON CITY (WBNG) — In a statement sent to 12 News, Wegmans says it was notified Sunday morning that around 20 grocery stores in New York State will conduct anti-body testing. Testing is also being done at the Wegmans locations in Syracuse, Buffalo, Amherst and Rochester. Wegmans says each store will have about five nurses from the Department of Health to set up and conduct 100 to 150 antibody tests. Nursing staff was responsible for contracting and consenting the individuals who participate. The state completed about 100 tests in each of the Wegmans stores Sunday. Another 50 tests were started Monday morning.
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Press Association Advocaat told Studio Voetbal: “I already made my decision last week, but the club asked me to do the match against West Ham and I really wanted to finish this in style. “The struggle against relegation is not my cup of tea. I think it was time for someone else to take over at Sunderland. I became negative and that didn’t feel like myself. “I don’t regret signing my new contract because it was a great experience. Our squad was simply not good enough. The club knew we had to strengthen ourselves, but the chairman [Ellis Short] never told me how much we could spend.” Speaking to De Telegraaf, he repeated his insistence that he had no regrets, adding: “Sunderland is in my view a very beautiful club. What I have seen no one can take away from me and I would not have missed this for anything. “Even on Saturday, there were three or four loud chants for me. The fans supported me until the last day, although they did not know I was leaving.” Advocaat’s departure has created a vacancy Sunderland need to fill as quickly as possible, with first team coach Paul Bracewell and senior professional development coach Robbie Stockdale currently looking after those players not away on international duty. The search for a replacement – which is perhaps further complicated by the fact that sporting director Lee Congerton is understood to be working his period of notice – is under way, although a definitive list of potential targets is yet to be drawn up. There have been mixed messages as to leading candidate Sam Allardyce’s readiness to return to the game over the last 24 hours, while Harry Redknapp has distanced himself from the vacancy and Patrick Vieira is not understood to be in the reckoning. The availability of Allardyce following his West Ham exit at the end of last season and former Leicester counterpart Nigel Pearson makes them attractive to the Black Cats, but Sean Dyche too is a man who is held in high regard on Wearside. However, no appointment is imminent as the club tries to avoid the mistakes of the recent past and find a man who can galvanise a squad Advocaat believes are inadequate, and one which cannot be strengthened further, even if the money is available, until January. Dick Advocaat has admitted his Sunderland squad were simply not good enough to avoid another scrap for Barclays Premier League survival. The 68-year-old head coach parted company with the club on Sunday just eight games into the new league season having failed to lead them to victory in any of them. He left following Saturday’s 2-2 home draw with West Ham without asking for a penny in settlement and retaining a fondness for the Black Cats, but has since revealed his reasons for doing so.